Monday 13 October 2014

A Residency

Excitement!  I have been offered the chance to write for a week with the May Gibbs Literature trust
residency to write for a month in Brisbane, 2015.  The unit sounds wonderful and information can be found here.

I have been fortunate to have obtained residencies before in Adelaide and loved the supportive writing friends and those who donate time to look after the 'fellows'.  In fact my verse novel 'Star Jumps' was written in Adelaide and went on to win the children's section of the Prime Minister's award in 2010.

I just appreciate so much the focused time away from commitments at home, distractions and with a writing program of my own to follow.

This time it's to pull apart and re-write a novel that's dear to my heart- no poetry, or verse novel, but a 'normal' novel.

How fortunate we are to have such an organisation in Australia supporting our children's authors.

I will take workshops with the state library of Queensland while I'm there.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lorraine. Wow, a whole month writing and relaxing in those apartments will be fantastic. Plenty of time to re-write your novel. The apartments look comfy. Right in the centre of Brisbane too so you can do some sight seeing. I like the sound of the roof-top garden with BBQ, spa and sauna!!
Enjoy!